WASHINGTONVILLE YOUTH FOOTBALL & CHEERLEADING LEAGUE
- WYFCL offers tackle Football for ages 5 and up.
- WYFCL offers a non-competitive cheerleading program for ages 5 & up.
- We play in Section 9 sports, same as Washingtonville High School.
- All of our WYFCL Football Teams / Divisions play with Section 9 certified referees.
- Every one of our Coaches is certified by USA Football for heads up Football.
- All of our players are provided with the highest quality equipment utilizing the latest technology and safety measures. Our helmets are inspected and meet all certification standards every season.
- WYFCL will be offering conditioning & skills camps in the offseason.
- WYFCL offers our incredibly popular flag football program in the spring.
Return to Play Progression
Baseline (Step 0): As the baseline step of the Return to Play Progression, the athlete needs to have completed physical and cognitive rest and not be experiencing concussion symptoms for a minimum of 24 hours. Keep in mind, the younger the athlete, the more conservative the treatment.
Step 1: Light Aerobic Exercise
The Goal: only to increase an athlete’s heart rate.
The Time: 5 to 10 minutes.
The Activities: exercise bike, walking, or light jogging.
Absolutely no weight lifting, jumping or hard running.
Step 2: Moderate Exercise
The Goal: limited body and head movement.
The Time: Reduced from typical routine
The Activities: moderate jogging, brief running, moderate-intensity stationary biking, and moderate-intensity weightlifting
Step 3: Non-contact Exercise
The Goal: more intense but non-contact
The Time: Close to Typical Routine
The Activities: running, high-intensity stationary biking, the player’s regular weightlifting routine, and non-contact sport-specific drills. This stage may add some cognitive component to practice in addition to the aerobic and movement components introduced in Steps 1 and 2.
Step 4: Practice
The Goal: Reintegrate in full contact practice.
Step 5: Play
The Goal: Return to competition